How Mobile Marketing Can Attract a Larger Audience
Businesses are leveraging new marketing platforms like video, social media and mobile to acquire customers and build a supportive community.
Mobile marketing can push messages to your clients and build a loyal raving fan client base. This provides something no other form of advertising can – instant traffic.
Consumers are using their mobile devices to access the Internet more than ever before – and it’s expected continue to grow at astonishing rates.
Photo courtesy Smart Insights
Pew Research reports that 95 percent of Americans own a mobile device — most users keep their phones within arm’s reach over 90 percent of waking hours. Americans are spending an average of three hours per day on the Internet from their mobile devices.
Shopping on Black Friday in 2016 also made history according to CNET, who reported that there were $1.2 billion in purchases from phones and tablets.
More people are accessing the Internet and social media from their mobile devices than from their computers. When combined with other marketing methods, mobile marketing has proven to increase conversion rates.
Imagine, it’s a slow day at your business and you promote a paid ad on Facebook and Instagram then soon generate instant sales. Can you see the power of mobile?
There is still a small number of businesses who have responsive websites that are mobile enabled. According to an article on Marketing Land only 18.7 percent of 100,000 top-tier websites in an Akamai study were responsive.
Have you checked your website yet? Media Genesis has put together a free and handy responsive checker to find out.
Most business owners don’t have the time or the expertise to figure out their next step. It’s easier and not as expensive as you think.
You can update your current website or create a new one in several ways:
- Hire a web developer and designer to write the proper code
- Use WordPress to purchase a high-quality responsive template and plugins
- Create a shared hosting website that is automatically mobile-ready
Your website is your home base — it’s the first place your visitors will see whether they are coming in from social media, a newsletter, through search, ect. If they can’t view your landing page quickly and easily the moment they arrive you could be missing out on hundreds of potential new clients who primarily use their mobile devices to find information and make purchases.
Why You Need to Focus on Mobile
The time is now to ramp up your mobile marketing efforts in order to reach the most people. Your business needs to think beyond the computer user and start targeting this new technology for several reasons:
- Google’s latest algorithm update will pass over any website that is not on the radar of smart devices.
- You can you improve your search ranking.
- Instantly set up advertising on places like Facebook and Instagram and reach targeted buyers.
- SMS marketing can be used to instantly send a message to your subscribers who have not had a chance to get to their email yet. The open is rate is much higher and highly responsive, which greatly increases your chances of a potential buyer taking action.
- Video and live video are the new storytelling tools. People are connecting with brands in a more personalized way right from their devices.
- Mobile consumer data provides better insights into who your target market is and what they are looking for.
- Your emails offers and promotions are powered up when they are automatically adapted to mobile. This will greatly improve your click-thru and open rates.
Once you develop and execute a mobile marketing plan your business will be able to stay on top of the latest trends that your target market is using, which places you ahead of the competition. It may take some investment in the beginning, but the payoff will be much greater as you attract an entirely new audience who are quickly jumping away from their computers and conducting their transactions on the go.